Sandton is abuzz with new developments. Galetti have collated these into a list of future plans for new developments that are proposed and under construction.
1) Sandton International Finance Centre. Designed by TPS.P Architects. Will rise to a potential height on 65 storeys, at which it would claim the title of being South Africa – and Africa’s – tallest building. The developers are Chinese investment firm CHN Eagle Investments.
2) Liberty Tower. Designed by RTKL Architects. Height unknown, but could rise up to a potential 80 storeys. Will be developed above Sandton City shopping mall in the heart of Sandton. Forms a part of the final phase of the Sandton City redevelopment project. Phases 2 and 3 will commence before construction of the tower, which will include the redevelopment of the hotel on site and the recladding of the existing office towers.
3) Mutual Tower. Designed by TPS.P Architects. To host the new national headquarters of Old Mutual. Will consist of approximately 41 storeys. The development will also incorporate mid-rise blocks of approximately 10 storeys that will host additional offices and retail elements.
4) Green Park precinct. Under construction. The first phase consisted of a commercial tower, with additional phases involving the construction of residential apartments. Construction has stalled on the construction of the apartments as the developers attempt to secure additional funding. Inquire with Galetti about letting space in the commercial tower.
5) Sandown tower. Designed by ACG Architects. Currently proposed, but not much information is known about the tower.
6) Sandton Skye apartments. Construction commenced on the 29th March 2012, after the sod turning ceremony that was held the day before. Will consist of three separate apartment towers of 15 storeys each.
7) Alice Lane Offices. Large, mixed-use multi-phase development. The first phase is currently under construction, which will consist of office space for Standard Bank and a Virgin Active gym. Galetti were responsible for placing Virgin Active in the development. Additional phases include more office and retail space, with an iconic tower of approximately 25 floors being the flagship phase of the development.
8) Kgoro Central. Designed by studioMAS Architects. To be situated directly above the new Sandton Gautrain station. Will be a mixed-use precinct consisting of twin towers, retail space, a public amphitheatre and additional mid-rise office space.
9) Alexander Forbes Head Office. Designed by Paragon Architects. Currently under construction.
10) Katherine & West. Designed by TPS.P Architects. Currently under construction. Will consist of retail, hotel, office space and apartments.